What personal data do we collect and how do we use it
We may collect the following personal data provided to us by you:
- name and contact details including any phone numbers and email addresses submitted within your council enquiry.
We may process your personal data that has been given to us in the course of:
- providing services to you;
- communicating with you;
- ensuring the security of our services;
- maintaining backups of our databases;
- record keeping.
The lawful basis for this processing is that processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us or taking steps, at your request, prior to entering into a contract.
Our website www.stokeferryparishcouncil.co.uk incorporates privacy controls which affect how we will process your personal data. By using the privacy controls, you can specify whether you would like to receive any direct marketing communications and limit the publication of your information.
We may process information about your use of our website using our analytics tracking system for the purposes of analysing website use. This may include:
- IP address;
- geographical location;
- browser type and version;
- operating system and referral source;
- length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
- timing, frequency and pattern of your website use.
The lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interests in monitoring and improving our website and services. The tracking software we use is Google Analytics.
We do not use your personal data for marketing purposes including direct marketing.
Sharing your personal data
We may disclose your personal data (name and contact details) as reasonably necessary to, for the purposes of providing our services to you. For instance, if you have asked us to find out about a service for you or to contact someone further regarding your enquiry or communication.
We do not share or sell your personal data to any third parties for any marketing purposes including any direct marketing.
Retention and deletion of your personal data
We retain your personal data for a maximum of 30 days after the completion of your enquiry/communication, in order to answer any queries or complaints about our service to you and for operational and compliance obligations.
Your access to and control over your personal data
If you wish to contact us regarding the personal data that we hold either to:
- request a copy of personal data that we hold;
- request that inaccurate personal data is rectified;
- request that personal data is blocked, erased or destroyed where we have no need to keep for legal or compliance purposes;
- to object to processing of your personal data where we have no need to keep for legal or compliance purposes.
Our contact details are at the bottom of this Policy.
Resources and Further Information
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues www.ico.org.uk. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Stoke Ferry Parish Council
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
Last updated on 25/05/2018